Joseph B. Stephenson's Creative Healing,
Deep Tissue Swedish Massage
Hot Stones and aromatherapy
Massage and Creative Healing
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday 9AM - 6PM
JOSEPH B. STEPHENSON'S - CREATIVE HEALING
- A nearly forgotten type of bodywork developed by Joseph B. Stephenson in the 1930 - 50's. It has specific treatments for common ailments like digestive problems, sinus headaches and sciatica. Creative Healing is generally very gentle and works with the circulatory and nervous system more than the muscles. I am able to address different problems with Creative Healing which do not generally respond to massage.I have been practicing and teaching Creative Healing since 2000 and am one of the few massage therapists in the world certified to teach this work. I have used Creative Healing to treat conditions such as migraines, digestive issues, shortness of breath, sciatic pain, PMS, sinus problems and restless leg syndrome.
Today Creative Healing is enjoying a resurgence in part due to the work of Dr. Gowri Motha ObGyn, London England as she uses it in her Gentle Birth Method.
In 2004 I traveled to London England with Rebecca A. Jackson to teach a Creative Healing class for Dr. Gowri Motha's staff. The class was an incredible experience and I feel I learned much more that I taught in many ways. I also made several good friends
Dr. Motha's Gentle Birth Method uses Creative Healing as one of her foundation modalities to help mother's with many issues during their pregnancy including:
1. Reduce nausea and vomiting
2. Optimize digestion and pancreatic function
3. Relieve constipation and regulate bowel function
4. increase energy levels
5. Reduce anxiety and stress
6. Eliminate back pain
7. Stimulate the lymphatic drainage in all key areas of the body
8. Cleanse and drain the pelvic area
To learn more about Dr. Motha and Gentle Birth Method click here
I love to teach Creative healing and have introduced many massage therapists to this wonderful work.
If you are interested in general massage techniques I also have training in the following.
Deep Swedish Massage
- This is the kneading/gliding motions that most people think of when they think of receiving a relaxing massage. I use Swedish in between other techniques that target the problem.
Soft Tissue Release
- a sports massage technique is used in nearly all massages where the client has contracted muscle
tissue, especially in the extremities, hips or shoulders. This technique is great for quads, hamstrings, plantar fascia, gluteals, or trapezius muscles.
ENERTROPIC THERAPY a type of Myofacial Release and Neuromuscular work
Enertropic is used specifically for pain relief to change how the brain reacts to stimulus in the musculature. It can be very effective tho is sometimes uncomfortable for a short time. It creates a relaxation response from the body in a targeted area which may or may not be in the area the client is experiencing the pain. It is somewhat like using reflexology and trigger points at the same time tho the 'map' is different. Myofacial release is more of a physical way to stretch the fascia but using Enertropics greatly enhances the speed in which I achieve results.
My background as an instructor
MASSAGE AND ANATOMY 1997 - 2016
I began teaching Enertropic Therapy in 1997 to the local population in Harrison, Arkansas. In these classes I had the pleasure to also teach nurses and chiropractors. In 2002 I received my massage instructors license and certified Enertropic Therapy for Continuing Education Classes for Massage Therapists in Arkansas.
To date I've taught at Northwest Arkansas School of Massage - Fayetteville, AR - massage and anatomy 2000 - 2002 Northwest Arkansas School of Massage - Eureka Springs, AR - Swedish massage 2004 Blue Cliff College - Fayetteville, AR - palpatory anatomy 2010
I also teach Continuing Education classes for massage therapists and have several classes approved by the Arkansas State Board of Massage Therapy and the National Certification Board of Massage and Bodywork.
For more information on myContinuing Education Classes click here.
Does this client look comfortable?
Do you notice the difference in her feet?
So why in a relaxed position would her feet not be straight?
This is what I feel makes doing bodywork a never ending fascination to me.
I want to know. Sometimes the answer is simple, other times its more of a challenge.
I love to teach people who are willing and ready to help others. I make sure my classes are informative, useful and immediately applicable for all my students
If you are someone who wants to help your family and friends or a professional therapist who works with clients on a full time basis. I have classes that you can use.
My students are massage therapists who want to renew their license or become certified in one of my classes. I do feel however that anyone with a desire to help others can learn some bodywork to help their family and friends. That is why I offer classes open to anyone. I offer classes in massage, Creative Healing, reinventing healthcare through doTERRA's essential oils, and the oils of the Bible.